Friday, February 20, 2015

Weather or Not

I find the weather a really hard topic to write about... so not a lot of words but I'll just let the photos speak for themselves. I've seen sun, hail, rain, and snow all in Amman now and all in one day. Just when I thought North Carolina didn't have competition for crazy weather schedules, I officially believe Amman can compete. Oh and remember that viral video of the weatherman freaking out over "thundersnow"? Yeah, that's a totally normal thing here. 

We were supposed to go to Aqaba this weekend, but due to the anticipation of rain, wind, and snow the government declared it a national holiday, aka, a state of emergency. As a result, most businesses closed and the buses to beloved Aqaba, were canceled. Local businesses remained open at their own risk, but pretty sure most of those owners lived within, if not within walking distance, of those shops.

For anyone wondering how we are managing to stay warm without another outrageous electricity bill, well the 10JD sleeping bag from Carrefore has worked absolute wonders. Yes, I can still see my breath inside the apartment; yes, it's an excuse to go to the cafe for heat; yes our fridge has indeed decided to quit working again so, yes our foods are on the balcony; no, I don't know how we still have power; and no, I don't know how we still have internet; oh and yes, I still believe these are going to be some of the best months of my life. 

I didn't visit the Citadel in the snow, but remember the lovely view from my balcony I mentioned? It's above.
The garden below my balcony in the snow. It's kind of adorable right? I doubt the fruits are thinking that.





No comments:

Post a Comment