Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Café Culture

42 days in Jordan; 38 different resumes, CVs, and cover letters; 30some days of applications; 12 pairs of Rockports, 7.50 in taxi fare; 4 hours of interviewing; I have a job! 

When asked in the interview: What do you like least about Jordan? My immediate response is how long it takes everything to get anything done. But in the end it worked out. I've thoroughly enjoyed spending my days forming a solid group of friends at the cafe, practicing amiya arabic, and participating in local culture (which essentially revolves around when and where we are going to drink tea, juice, and/or coffee). Pretty sure my tea palate has become more refined than my amiya, but I am keeping my hopes high. 

Darat al Funun makes turkish coffee with a bit of turkish
delight more evilly tempting than the White Witch herself. 

Perfectly blended Lemon Mint at Fann wa Chai
7 minutes and .75 cent for a freshly baked baguette at the French Institute Cafe  
مطعم الخال اللويبدة
The perfect spot for a quick bite and the roughly 2JD a person price can't be beat. 
Casual visit to the Citadel, just after having tea and just before having coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job. Love the C.S. Lewis reference.

    ReplyDelete